Roblox Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium member
242 Posts
It's all about money. If you take their music and make any kind of profit, they want a portion of it, too, because they say it's their music in your project that helped you generate that money. To avoid this, you have to buy a commercial license if made available for purchase for that music. If it's royalty free, you may still have to give credit to the artist or producer such as including an attribution to the artist on the About page of the game if told to do so before you are allowed to download their music. If you got a personal license whether it's paid or not, you can only enjoy it yourself and cannot use it in any profit generating project. ALL games in Roblox have potential to make money. Even my mini template for a cart riding game that you can download a copy to edit, got me some money because Roblox Premium members came to spend some time in the game that generated enough traffic to earn me that money, so you can't use any music that you don't own business/commercial license to in Roblox games.
Rectangle Font Art Number Paper product

· Premium member
242 Posts
There are public domain music that you can use. Many nursery rhyme music have no copyright. You can't just take someone's music, but you can make your own. There are public domain midi that you can download and then make remixes yourself so you won't have to give credit to anyone. I heard heard "She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain" and other kids songs used in many Youtube kids video that they changed the lyrics to anything.

· Registered
34 Posts
i am not even saying the song is mine
why the music artist so mad at us for using their song even we credited in vid desc
in our country if you don't credit the image or song in the description you will get raided and spammed angry emoji in facebook
that why i am here and not on facebook it happened 3 years ago when i first got internet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts