Roblox Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heads up... Windows sticklers, I have no need for Mac bashing, so if you don't know anything about Macs or simply don't favor them, you probably won't be much help on this thread. :) Let's stay amicable and talk about the new Mac Mini M1 edition running Roblox... Does anyone use a Mac Mini M1 to play Roblox? How does it run and would you say it's worth it? I've used a MacBook Pro for Roblox in the past and I felt it ran quite well for my needs (I know graphics are typically better on Windows, but as a developer/coder I'm less concerned about perfect graphics, more concerned about frame rate and speed).

I'm a music producer and audio engineer so I use my new Mac Mini for music, but I also design and code games on Roblox, so I'd like to keep Roblox installed on my new Mac as well. It's been awhile since I've used Roblox, so I'm just curious about the space the installation occupies and what files come bundled with Roblox. What files does Roblox install by default and where do they reside on Mac? I'd like to know incase I ever need to uninstall Roblox from my Mac as entirely.

If anyone can comment about the Mac Mini M1's performance for Roblox, I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
1,576 Posts
Well looking at the specs of the Mac Mini, it's not using intel or AMD. It's using an Apple made CPU and an integrated GPU.

So the lack of an actual dedicated GPU would definitely cause performance issues in games. There's also only 8GB of ram too, and most games in 2021 use more than 8GB's of ram while gaming. So the lack of ram, and lack of a dedicated GPU would probably result in poor performance in roblox.

I'm sure roblox can be played at medium to low settings at 1080p and be able to maintain 60 fps, but at 1080p or higher I do not believe you could play at the highest graphical settings on roblox, and be able to keep a smooth 60 fps.

But personally for me, any custom built computer would for sure smoke any Mac out there, so if you want gaming, and the ability to design. Building a computer is a viable option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well looking at the specs of the Mac Mini, it's not using intel or AMD. It's using an Apple made CPU and an integrated GPU.

So the lack of an actual dedicated GPU would definitely cause performance issues in games. There's also only 8GB of ram too, and most games in 2021 use more than 8GB's of ram while gaming. So the lack of ram, and lack of a dedicated GPU would probably result in poor performance in roblox.

I'm sure roblox can be played at medium to low settings at 1080p and be able to maintain 60 fps, but at 1080p or higher I do not believe you could play at the highest graphical settings on roblox, and be able to keep a smooth 60 fps.

But personally for me, any custom built computer would for sure smoke any Mac out there, so if you want gaming, and the ability to design. Building a computer is a viable option.
@NubForSale Thanks for the feedback! I'm running a M1 Mac Mini with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD internal storage. So I'm assuming I could still get by decent? But yeah building a PC is definitely an option I've thought about for the future. I just wanted to test the waters and see if I can make it on Roblox for now. I'm curious.

·
Super Moderator
1,576 Posts

@NubForSale Thanks for the feedback! I'm running a M1 Mac Mini with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD internal storage. So I'm assuming I could still get by decent? But yeah building a PC is definitely an option I've thought about for the future. I just wanted to test the waters and see if I can make it on Roblox for now. I'm curious.
You could more then likely play roblox without issues, but any games that are graphically intense, I don't believe you'd be able to get 60 fps and max out the graphic settings in roblox. The only thing that's holding the Mac back would be the fact that it doesn't actually have a dedicated graphics card. But you shouldn't have any issues with playing roblox at playable framerates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.