Roblox Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! I'm Justin, a solo developer pursuing my dream of creating a fun, easy-to-use game creation tool! While it's a rather different sort of experience than Roblox, at its core it's also a great tool for creative expression. Because of this I believe there may be a lot of interest from the Roblox community, even just as an avenue to create small side projects for fun. Games you create with it can be exported as standalone games, so they can be easily shared with others without them needing to own RPG in a Box. You are also free to sell your games with no strings attached!

My 1.0 release trailer below provides an overview of what RPG in a Box is all about. The trailer also includes a game showcase at the end to display some of the projects being created by the community and to give an idea of the variety of game styles you can make with the tool.

I've also included some helpful graphics below with info on the many ways RPG in a Box can be used, as well as a list of future goals for the tool now that it has reached v1.0. I'm excited to say that I've recently started working on free (non-grid) movement, which will open up even more possibilities for what you create. Please let know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them! Also, feel free to jump onto the official Discord and say hi! :)

A free demo version (with all functionality available, but limited to two small maps per project) is available for download on both Steam and itch.io:
Steam: RPG in a Box on Steam
itch.io: RPG in a Box by Justin Arnold

Come be a part of the journey and help me shape the future of RPG in a Box! Thank you so much! :)

- Justin
Green Nature Natural environment Biome Urban design

Vertebrate World Font Organism Screenshot

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i really like the style
Thanks so much, I'm glad you like it! Besides the classic voxel look, you can also use an option called Marching Cubes, which smooths the models into a rounded, more organic look. And you can even combine the two to create some really unique styles! I included some comparisons below. The bench and the bed combine the two options to make certain parts smoother, like the pillow and blanket, while leaving the other parts square shaped.
Product Table Piano Couch Musical instrument

·
Registered
565 Posts
Thanks so much, I'm glad you like it! Besides the classic voxel look, you can also use an option called Marching Cubes, which smooths the models into a rounded, more organic look. And you can even combine the two to create some really unique styles! I included some comparisons below. The bench and the bed combine the two options to make certain parts smoother, like the pillow and blanket, while leaving the other parts square shaped.
View attachment 69865
the chest kinda looks cursed tbh

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Wait a sec...
Who was minitoon again?
Looks like they're the creator of Piggy and run a cringy but fairly popular Roblox YouTube channel, never heard of them until now 🤷‍♂️

Check out this neat side project being made by MiniToon with RPG in a Box! It's quite fun and simple to build little games like this. I would really appreciate it if everyone could tell their friends about it - anyone you think might be interested in checking it out! Thank you so much! :)

Kinda reminds me of Stick Life RPG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts