Roblox Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· dead person
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i started using scratch cause my mom told me to [i want to code]. and i made my first game which ended up breaking. i then decided to make a short animation and it was i guess fine but i have no idea how to make a character like slide to a specific location. i made this donut in this short animation go to the specific location but i want him to go from like off to screen to the cake. its kinda weird to explain but just asking is there a way to like make him go to the cake?

btw this is my second attempt dont bulli mi pls

help your fellow member
heres the code for the donut btw
Font Screenshot Rectangle Software Communication Device

u can see that i made him go to that specific place bu i want him to like move and have a starting point off screen to make it look like hes coming to the cake
Jaw Rectangle Font Screenshot Magenta

basically just make him walk.

how
without pressing buttons. i can't figure it out.
i thought putting the x and y then move and then go to "specific location" would work. it didnt. so what do i do

im genuinely trying to find the correct position of going like that and not in the middle

this is just me testing the controls

· dead person
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i tried doing some research and found nothing so i think its impossible to do this

cause x0 and y0 start in the middle so yeah i think the answer is none

· Premium member
7,441 Posts
i cant put it off screen
If the background is going to be white, then make a really long white rectangle that you can grab

Another option is have a very non descript loading screen where you make the screen black for a moment, and the donut moves off screen
Then after the loading screen the donut goes to the cake(??)

· dead person
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the background is going to be white, then make a really long white rectangle that you can grab

Another option is have a very non descript loading screen where you make the screen black for a moment, and the donut moves off screen
Then after the loading screen the donut goes to the cake(??)
what is the rectangle excatly supposed to do tho

cause background is white

· Registered
There are microplastics in my blood.
551 Posts
You can figure out some pretty simple stuff easily.
For example, this game made by me is pretty simple, it's not good, but it is simple.
And this one is also pretty simple, and probably better than the previously mentioned project.

the website banner :3
12,865 Posts
Colorfulness Gadget Communication Device Font Material property

This one should do the job.

Explanation:

Go to command - This basically teleports the character wherever you choose (replace the 0 0 on the image with something outside of the screen) as soon as you start the game.
This should be the first command on all of your Scratch characters because this makes sure everything goes back to it's original place when the game restarts.

I never used Scratch for animations but I have like 7 years on it and went to multiple Scratch summer camps when I was little so feel free to message me if you have any more questions regarding it. <333333

· dead person
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
View attachment 70636

This one should do the job.

Explanation:

Go to command - This basically teleports the character wherever you choose (replace the 0 0 on the image with something outside of the screen) as soon as you start the game.
This should be the first command on all of your Scratch characters because this makes sure everything goes back to it's original place when the game restarts.

I never used Scratch for animations but I have like 7 years on it and went to multiple Scratch summer camps when I was little so feel free to message me if you have any more questions regarding it. <333333
It didnt work as it came from the middle instead. im fine tho cause i got used to it and i made my own game now [its trash tho ngl]. i shared it but its genuinely nothing compared to whats on scratch

i might make a game about where stuff falls down and u pick it up
cause i see it a lot
and its fun

pls give me ideas on what to make

Edit: my dad wants to see my project one day pls give my ideas now that I'll probably be able to make tomorrow
I want to impress him :)

12,865 Posts
It didnt work as it came from the middle instead. im fine tho cause i got used to it and i made my own game now [its trash tho ngl]. i shared it but its genuinely nothing compared to whats on scratch

i might make a game about where stuff falls down and u pick it up
cause i see it a lot
and its fun

pls give me ideas on what to make

Edit: my dad wants to see my project one day pls give my ideas now that I'll probably be able to make tomorrow
I want to impress him :)
It's because you did not change the xy coordinates, change them and they will work.

Also a really good impressive but not hard game to make is a game where an object randomly spawns on a random place and you have to click it but it progressively get's darker until time runs out.

Here's my version of the idea:

· dead person
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's because you did not change the xy coordinates, change them and they will work.

Also a really good impressive but not hard game to make is a game where an object randomly spawns on a random place and you have to click it but it progressively get's darker until time runs out.

Here's my version of the idea:
I checked inside the project and it doesn't seem to take a lot of time. I get the idea and it seems pretty easy. However the game over didn't appear.

· Registered
21 Posts
wait. maybe in the costumes you can move the donut to the right or like in costume 1 it's regular, then in costume 2 it's a bit to the right, and in costume 3, it is near the right and it goes on

12,865 Posts
I checked inside the project and it doesn't seem to take a lot of time. I get the idea and it seems pretty easy. However the game over didn't appear.
Yeah probably because of a Scratch update or I just didn't bother to fix it.
lmk if you would be interested in making anything similar cause in that case I'll fix the game

1 - 19 of 19 Posts