Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
agreed mostly.
the n word and other racial/offensive slurs though, i don't think is right to say. it's rude because you're essentially being offensive to people the word is targeted towards.
yeah, except me. only i am allowed to say slurs.

·
Registered
Pencil Maker
2,297 Posts
Words can become swear words because of either of these 4 reasons.
  1. The word in question is offensive to a group of people ( turning it into a slur).
  2. The word can be used as an insult and can disturb a work environment.
  3. The word has inappropriate meanings or is commonly used in inappropriate environments.
  4. The word is simply not fitted for a work environment; you're just seen as immature if you use them.
I also want to say that words have a more than just meanings. They also have connotations, or how the word is viewed. For example, interested and nosy have the same meaning, but different connotations. Interested is used to describe a curious person wanting to learn more about something, while nosy is used to insult people who want to learn too much.

·
Unprofessional Roblox Forum account
the website banner :3
12,811 Posts
  1. The word in question is offensive to a group of people ( turning it into a slur).
  3. The word has inappropriate meanings or is commonly used in inappropriate environments.
  4. The word is simply not fitted for a work environment; you're just seen as immature if you use them.
I also want to say that words have a more than just meanings. They also have connotations, or how the word is viewed. For example, interested and nosy have the same meaning, but different connotations. Interested is used to describe a curious person wanting to learn more about something, while nosy is used to insult people who want to learn too much.
Thanks for the definition, now show examples.

·
Premium Member
16,373 Posts
the n word
the r word
the f word
the sh word
the a word
the b word
the c word
the word (aka the bird)

·
Your Wife’s Boyfriend
15,951 Posts
the n word
the r word
the f word
the sh word
the a word
the b word
the c word
the word (aka the bird)
Neighbor
Robots
Fish
Shuttle
Apple
Boy
Cat
The bird
You can't cancel someone who doesn't care ??

·
Unprofessional Roblox Forum account
the website banner :3
12,811 Posts
Neighbor
Robots
Fish
Shuttle
Apple
Boy
Cat
The bird
You can't cancel someone who doesn't care ??
My neighbor's friends are robots that love fish and live in a shuttle named "Apple", but one boy wanted to name it "Cat", so he asked the bird and the bird said, "No."

All the words used the order given
Stop being so offensive.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.