Roblox Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
Why are you reading this?
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TRP is a prevention system to well, prevent people from reviving old threads.
In most cases, posts from a few months ago (e.g. april 2022) would get revived by (mostly) new users.
A prevention trick is to close a thread after 1 month of no activity since the last posted reply.
An example:
  • Xx_ProGamer_xX posts a post in april 2022.
  • No one replies after a month since the last reply was posted.
  • A month goes by...
  • The post gets locked by a bot or moderator (e.g. @NubForSale or @caci)
  • Whenever a user finds the post months or years after that post was locked, he cannot answer.

· Premium member
242 Posts
I believe before this site was updated, old posts got locked. When I got a solution for an unanswered post, I couldn't comment on it because it was locked. On devforum.roblox.com, posts get locked after 14 days of last comment when the post is marked as solved. Solving old unsolved posts is good because someone with the same problem will be able to search for the answer they were looking for.

· Registered
Why are you reading this?
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe before this site was updated, old posts got locked. When I got a solution for an unanswered post, I couldn't comment on it because it was locked. On devforum.roblox.com, posts get locked after 14 days of last comment when the post is marked as solved. Solving old unsolved posts is good because someone with the same problem will be able to search for the answer they were looking for.
and for cases like these help ones, yeah, maybe that could work.

· Administrator
122 Posts
TRP is a prevention system to well, prevent people from reviving old threads.
In most cases, posts from a few months ago (e.g. april 2022) would get revived by (mostly) new users.
A prevention trick is to close a thread after 1 month of no activity since the last posted reply.
An example:
  • Xx_ProGamer_xX posts a post in april 2022.
  • No one replies after a month since the last reply was posted.
  • A month goes by...
  • The post gets locked by a bot or moderator (e.g. @NubForSale or @caci)
  • Whenever a user finds the post months or years after that post was locked, he cannot answer.
Thanks for the suggestions and we can definitely keep this in mind. However, older discussions can sometimes still be relevant, therefore, allowing them to remain open and able to be posted in should still be allowed. We do have a tool where once a discussion reaches a certain point with no activity, the message below displays, informing members that it may be best to start a new discussion.
Water Font Rectangle Art Brand

~Mike D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts