Roblox Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Big Games Petz Simulator Team,
A scammer in your game has thrown my 8-year-old child into depression. Please help him, I request you with folded hands.
User: master210god
Email: [email protected]
Gems Stolen: 2.13b
Pets : 30 life saving
Where: trading plaza
SCAMMER NAME: gaviniam wise
The scammer stole his gems and precious pets that he had gotten through days and nights of grinding. He loved playing the game and trying out new features. Until two days ago, when he was robbed by a scammer who stole all of his gems and precious pets in front of his eyes within minutes – taking down all his efforts and fun for the game in minutes into hatred and depression. Since then, he has been crying and has gone into depression. I want you to ban the scammer so that such a thing does not happen to other kids. And if possible, return his gems and pets so that he can get his trust back in the game. I am a helpless parent watching my child, who has always been sincere and hardworking, deteriorate day by day with negativity. Pls help and reimburse his lost gems and pets.

· Registered
5 Posts
1. first of all, did they give proof of such scam happening?
2. Why would you let an 8 year old stay up all night playing roblox (not trying to sound like a d but they should set a screen time)
3. You just can't 'steal' gems and pets unless you trade it with the player and i'm assuming this is pet sim x, a popup will say "are you sure you wanna accept this trade? you won't recieve anything from it". In that case, getting scammed is hard.
4. last and not least, be a good parent and turn off the trade feature and monitor your kid and teach them about online scammers

also i do know this is a fake message but i replied in case anything like this happen and the people get brought to this page. (y)

· Super Moderator
1,620 Posts
Dear Big Games Petz Simulator Team,
A scammer in your game has thrown my 8-year-old child into depression. Please help him, I request you with folded hands.
User: master210god
Email: [email protected]
Gems Stolen: 2.13b
Pets : 30 life saving
Where: trading plaza
SCAMMER NAME: gaviniam wise
The scammer stole his gems and precious pets that he had gotten through days and nights of grinding. He loved playing the game and trying out new features. Until two days ago, when he was robbed by a scammer who stole all of his gems and precious pets in front of his eyes within minutes – taking down all his efforts and fun for the game in minutes into hatred and depression. Since then, he has been crying and has gone into depression. I want you to ban the scammer so that such a thing does not happen to other kids. And if possible, return his gems and pets so that he can get his trust back in the game. I am a helpless parent watching my child, who has always been sincere and hardworking, deteriorate day by day with negativity. Pls help and reimburse his lost gems and pets.
For starters, this isn't the official roblox forums at all, like it says numerous times throughout the website. So, WE can't do anything.

There's a big difference between depression and being just sad about something. Your child isn't depressed, he's just sad because he got scammed. Crying and being sad because something happened isn't a direct correlation to being depressed. You also have to be diagnosed with depression, self-diagnoses aren't a way to identify if someone actually has depression or not just because they're crying.

You have to educate your child about scams, you know it's 100 percent his fault that he got scammed. It could easily have been prevented by just saying "no" and not end up being gullible and falling for silly scams like that. I'm assuming your child is young, so why is he playing all day and night? Shouldn't you force him to have a break? That's not very good parenting because if he wasn't playing 24/7 odds are he wouldn't have gotten scammed.

There is absolutely nothing this website can do, and there's absolutely nothing roblox can do. The scam was game related, roblox won't ban the person, roblox will not give you the items back either. That's 100 percent up to the game developer that made the game. But odds are he won't do anything either because again, the scam could've been prevented. Let's say his account got hacked, then yes roblox would probably do something and more than likely ban his account. But roblox still couldn't give any in-game items back. That's on the developer of the game to do that.

If you'd like you can attempt to contact the developer via Twitter, since it seems he does reply back to tweets. But I honestly don't think he will give items back IMO.

Tweets with replies by BIG Games (@BuildIntoGames) / Twitter

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. first of all, did they give proof of such scam happening?
2. Why would you let an 8 year old stay up all night playing roblox (not trying to sound like a d but they should set a screen time)
3. You just can't 'steal' gems and pets unless you trade it with the player and i'm assuming this is pet sim x, a popup will say "are you sure you wanna accept this trade? you won't recieve anything from it". In that case, getting scammed is hard.
4. last and not least, be a good parent and turn off the trade feature and monitor your kid and teach them about online scammers

also i do know this is a fake message but i replied in case anything like this happen and the people get brought to this page. (y)
Thanks a lot really appreciate, he said a 'random pop up came and then when he rejoined all his pets were gone', this is not a fake message am just clueless how to manage the loss he has had from the game and am looking for a way to get things back for him. All your points are valid and should have more careful about the game, will take your points of advice.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For starters, this isn't the official roblox forums at all, like it says numerous times throughout the website. So, WE can't do anything.

There's a big difference between depression and being just sad about something. Your child isn't depressed, he's just sad because he got scammed. Crying and being sad because something happened isn't a direct correlation to being depressed. You also have to be diagnosed with depression, self-diagnoses aren't a way to identify if someone actually has depression or not just because they're crying.

You have to educate your child about scams, you know it's 100 percent his fault that he got scammed. It could easily have been prevented by just saying "no" and not end up being gullible and falling for silly scams like that. I'm assuming your child is young, so why is he playing all day and night? Shouldn't you force him to have a break? That's not very good parenting because if he wasn't playing 24/7 odds are he wouldn't have gotten scammed.

There is absolutely nothing this website can do, and there's absolutely nothing roblox can do. The scam was game related, roblox won't ban the person, roblox will not give you the items back either. That's 100 percent up to the game developer that made the game. But odds are he won't do anything either because again, the scam could've been prevented. Let's say his account got hacked, then yes roblox would probably do something and more than likely ban his account. But roblox still couldn't give any in-game items back. That's on the developer of the game to do that.

If you'd like you can attempt to contact the developer via Twitter, since it seems he does reply back to tweets. But I honestly don't think he will give items back IMO.

Tweets with replies by BIG Games (@BuildIntoGames) / Twitter
Dude how did your 8 year old child go into depression?! I mean i do feel bad tho
All the pets and gems he had earned are gone in a few seconds. Just trying to help by finding a way to get things back for him.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot for the steps and links shared, have lodged a complaint there as well. Looks like nothing will happen and he will not get what he lost back but atleast we tried. Really appreciate all those who replied.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts